Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dun forget how to be humane

Went for dinner just now, was sharing table with this old granny, whom I guess is at least 80-90.. There she was, eating wafer biscuit that's sold in bulk of around 20-30 in a box that costs only $2+, together with a glass of hot water n milo. And here I was, eating a bowl of pipping hot bak cho mee.. Felt so guilty.. It should be me who should be having the wafers and her having the good meal, i'm still young, and will not feel the effects of having such a simple meal. But dunno what to do.. Dun wana insult her by asking if she wana have a bowl, and i'll treat her to eat, moreover, dun wana mum to scold me for being kaypo n wasting money on someone i dunno. At the same time, kept justifying my (in)actions by teling myself since this granny is indulgant enoff to buy a glass of milo, surely she does have the $ to buy a meal, maybe it's her choice that she just wana have wafer. But just can't shake off the gulitiness feeling..
Wana use this entry, to remind myself, to keep myself humane. At every possible time, opportunity.. to help others..
When I have stable income or am rich enoff, I intend to adopt a child, via world vision, to give them a chance to break away from the poverty cycle.. Also, while sitting there, I got an urge, to start volunteering to take care of the poor elderlys.. I should do so when I have the time. Stable income would be either a job where i can see myself performing it at least for the next 5 yrs.. Rich enoff.. i guess when I have passive income.. n of cos time is when one have less a fixed schedule.

No comments: